About the Day
World Kidney Day is a global awareness campaign aimed at raising awareness of the importance of our kidneys.
World Kidney Day comes back every year. All across the globe many hundred events take place from public screenings in Argentina to Zumba marathons in Malaysia. We do it all to create awareness. Awareness about preventive behaviors, awareness about risk factors, and awareness about how to live with a kidney disease. We do this because we want kidney health for all.
History of World Kidney Day
World Kidney Day started in 2006 and has not stopped growing ever since. Every year, the campaign highlights a particular theme.
- 2015 Kidney Health for All
- 2014 Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and aging
- 2013 Kidneys for Life – Stop Kidney Attack!
- 2012 Donate – Kidneys for Life – Receive
- 2011 Protect your kidneys: Save your heart
- 2010 Protect your kidneys: Control diabetes
- 2009 Protect your kidneys: Keep your pressure down
- 2008 Your amazing kidneys!
- 2007 CKD: Common, harmful and treatable
- 2006 Are your kidneys OK
See Link here to learn about more about World Kidney Day on March 9, 2017