Social Workers Click HERE to register for, sign in and apply on the new Direct Aid site
Application cut off will return to normal in August 2020.
The National Kidney Foundation of Florida (NKFF) Direct Aid program is designed to assist patients who require financial assistance to obtain needed food, medication, treatment related transportation and emergency assistance with housing and utility bills.
Types of grants:
Food Grants – The Food Grant Program assists eligible dialysis patients with the costs of food not covered by other sources.
Medication Grant Program – The Medication Grant Program enables qualified kidney patients to receive urgently needed medications, nutritional supplements, and durable medical supplies.
Transportation Grant Program – The Transportation Grant Program assists eligible dialysis patients with the costs of transportation not covered by other sources. Grants are limited to travel to and from treatment, travel to a doctor’s appointment once a month, or for the purpose of a transplant work-up.
One-Time Emergency Grant Program – The One-Time Emergency Grant program provides financial assistance to qualified kidney patients who need assistance with mortgage/rent payments or utility bills.
- Patient must be on dialysis or a transplant recipient.
- All other funding sources should be exhausted —the NKF should be considered “last resort” funding. Applications should list other attempts and denials for other types of assistance.
- A patient’s liquid assets may not exceed $1,000.
- The NKF of Florida does not fund doctor/hospital fees, dialysis treatment costs, transplantation surgery, or insurance premiums.
- All applications must be submitted by a dialysis or transplant social worker.