Date: October 16, 2018
Contact for further information:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE NKFF KONICA MINOLTA GOLF CLASSIC WAS A SMASHING SUCCESS
HELPING THE NATIONAL KIDNEY FOUNDATION RAISE OVER $35,000 IN FUNDS
Weston, Fl. (NKFF Konica Minolta Golf Classic) the National Kidney Foundation of Florida held its 8th Annual NKFF Konica Minolta Golf Classic on October 10th, in Weston, Florida at the Weston Hills Country Club. More than 100 golfers joined in to help us raise funds and awareness for kidney patients and their families.
Steve Brasner, Kidney transplant patient from Davie, Florida said, “It’s been 8 months since I received my kidney, it’s nice to be out there again playing. I had a great time, but more importantly it was an excellent way to bring people together to fundraise for the NKF. They do so many great things for patients like me in Florida”.
Jarrett B. Brock, Brock Development Corp. & Overall Top Winner, “We had a fantastic time at the NKF charity tournament. The pace of play was perfect…weather perfect…saw many familiar faces, and all for a great cause! Happy to support and look forward to next year!”
Thanks to over 25 teams that participated in our NKFF Konica Minolta Golf Classic, thanks to your support the National Kidney Foundation of Florida raised over $35,000 in funds for local kidney patients.
Doug Ray, 2018 NKFF Golf Chair, said, “We are delighted that so many teams supported the NKFF by coming out and playing. Kidney disease is the 9th leading cause of death in the United States. An estimated 31 million people in the United States are living with chronic kidney disease (CKD). It was rewarding to know that so many companies care and helped support kidney patients and fund research.”
The NKFF, as a charity relies on the generosity of sponsors and players to help continue our vital work. Thank you to all the golfers that participated in our fundraising efforts, helping the National Kidney Foundation of Florida to continue leading the fight against chronic kidney disease.
To sponsor the 2019 NKFF Konica Minolta Golf Classic please call our office at 800 927 9659.
From running your local 5K to golf, and surfing in Coco Beach, the National Kidney Foundation has a fantastic range of events all over the Florida Region. To find out more, please visit www.kidney.org or call 800 927 9659.
# # # # #
Facts About Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- 30 million American adults have CKD and millions of others are at increased risk.
- Early detection can help prevent the progression of kidney disease to kidney failure.
- Heart disease is the major cause of death for all people with CKD.
- Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is the best estimate of kidney function.
- Hypertension causes CKD and CKD causes hypertension.
- Persistent proteinuria (protein in the urine) means CKD is present.
- High risk groups include those with diabetes, hypertension and family history of kidney failure.
- African Americans, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, American Indians and seniors are at increased risk.
- Two simple tests can detect CKD: blood pressure, urine albumin and serum creatinine.